- 10 Year veteran of the sport-retired. Visit my Motocross Shrine for some virtual bench racing.
- Diet: Low Carbo, not Low Fat
- Don't let the socialist cud chewers divert you from REAL food
- The Douglass Report:
- "Real health News from Medicine's Most Notorious Myth-Buster"
- Fluoride, The Protected Pollutant
- Poison: Central nervous system, bones, cancer, pitting of teeth, etc.
- Is it proper for men to "play" a sport in which the object is to shoot one another?
Paintball is not like other sports played with a ball. It is not just merely an afternoon of amusement. Never has a golf ball, a football, a basketball or a baseball stopped an invading army. And that is why Thomas Jefferson wrote to his own nephew:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks.".
Paintball, as are other fighting sports (like karate, kendo, and boxing) is a martial art. Paintball is a modern martial art. Yes, Paintball is great fun, but it is fun with a serious purpose...to learn how to fight with a gun. Just as Kendo practitioners use wooden swords to practice the martial art of sword fighting, so do paintball warriors practice their skills with paint. Paintball provides the skill to keep in check the domestic tyranny in Thomas Jefferson's warning. And perhaps Paintball can help thwart the 40 year plan to destroy the US that Soviet defector Anatolily Golitsyn warned the CIA about in 1962.
- Mountain Biking
- Retired after learning of hazards posed to one's virility. I'll risk my life, but not that!
- Wannabe hunter. I've bagged numerous snowshow hare and a Deer. Love beer marinated venison fajitas.
- "...the true motive of travel should be travel to become lost and unknown. More poetically, we may describe it as travel to forget. Everyone is quite respectable in his home town, no matter what the higher social circles think of him. He is tied by a set of conventions, rules, habits, and duties. A banker finds it difficult to be treated just as an ordinary human being at home and to forget that he is a banker, and it seems to me, the real excuse for travel is that he shall be able to find himself in a community in which he is just an ordinary human being. Letters of introduction are all very well for people on business trips, but business trips are by definition outside the category of pure travel. A man stands a poorer chance of discovering himself as a human being if he brings along with him letters of introduction, and of finding out exactly how God made him as a human being, apart from the artificial accidents of social strata social standing. Against the comforts of being well-received by friends in a foreign country and guided efficiently through the social strata of one's own class, there is the greater excitement of a boy scout in a forest, left to his own devices."
The Importance of Living by Lin Yutang